Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sorry I'm late.


"Adventure Time" by Philter

But just because it will be tomorrow by the time I'm done doesn't mean I am not energized.

The first half of my day was more torture from the sissies.

But the second half was superduperfuntime!

So I went to see Turbo with Mother and Whiney.

THAT SNAIL IS FAAAAAST!

Yep. That's all the commentary you're getting there.

Then I ate IN A RESTAURANT!

SCORE!
Having had applesauce for lunch yesterday, I was more than happy for these accommodations.

I ate this magnificent tilapia with mashed potatoes and PERFECTLY COOKED broccoli.

image
It was so beautiful man!
You shoulda been there!

Then I watched a movie that should have been a 90's movie but somehow ended up in this decade.

It was 42.

You know, that movie about Jackie Robinson.

It was bad. EVERY SINGLE MOMENT WAS A CLIMAX.

And when EVERYONE'S A CLIMAX, NO ONE'S A CLIMAX.

It felt slow because they were over romantic and they overplayed the drama that didn't need much more umph.

IT'S EFFING RACISM. YOU SHOULDN'T FEEL THE NEED TO MAKE EVERY MOMENT AS DRAMATIC AS POSSIBLE. THE DRAMA IS ALREADY THERE.

Everything could have been the climax. From the moment the manager decided to put him on the team to the moment they made it to the world series.

There wasn't a hump. There was no build. 

If there were a proper hump the movie probably could have been Oscar worthy. The drama in every scene was well done.

 But it all felt cliche because the drama was the same over the top level in EVERY SCENE.

And they pulled out all the stops too.

They did the "Dramatic looking out the window" scene.

They did the "Slow motion home run" scene.

They did the "Quiet National Anthem" scene. (btw it was a DIFFERENT SCENE THAN THE SLOW MOTION. WHY THE HELL WERE THEY SEPARATED?!)

I felt like the director was trying to impress me. Not like he was trying to SHARE THE STORY.

It would have been acceptable in the 90's but DUDE! Get with the times!

Movies got humps man!
It's a RACISM movie. That is intense in itself. Give it the lovely lady lumps that it deserves!

No comments:

Post a Comment