Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Ok. So I recently got a Tumblr (again)...



"Robo Dancing" by Money Mark

If you want to view THAT blog it's http://themonkeywrenchworld.tumblr.com/ 

I did it all wrong last time. But I'm doing it all right this time. My laptop has been doing so much robodancing lately.

So I know what you're probably thinking at this point. "WHY DO YOU NEED A BLOGSPOT AND A TUMBLR."

At first I was completely against Tumblr because It was impossible for me to do any loooong prose without feeling like an outsider. Also, the formatting on Tumblr isn't as easygoing as Blogspot. The first time I tried to use Tumblr I got an app that transferred everything I did there despite the privacy settings.

image
UMM SERIOUSLY?!
So I had to delete my tumblr. 

I finally convinced myself to get a new one and now that I have both I can compare.

Tumblr and Blogspot are different because Tumblr is usually used to describe small moments and Blogspot is  better at describing large events as opposed to small moments.

Almost every gif and picture I use in my Blogspot is from Tumblr.

I use those moments to enhance the bigger picture that I am trying to get across. I personally prefer Blogspot over Tumblr because I like telling long stories and while those small moments are entertaining, I'm more excited about the piece as a whole.

I think people find Tumblr addicting is because there are small moments all over the place to keep you distracted.

Blogspot is the museum, and Tumblr is the art inside the museum.




No comments:

Post a Comment