Wednesday, July 3, 2013

I've been doing some high class stuff lately


"It Don't Mean A Thing" by Club des Belugas

My mother and I went to the movies.

What regular people do that you say? NUH-UH. This movie costed us 50 dollars.

Why so expensive? WELLL, we went to an "iPic" theatre. It was really really nice. How so? I'll tell ya!

So. Let's see, we got the premium seats. (Yes, there is a seat hierarchy.) This means that we got soft lounge chairs that could RECLINE, PILLOWS, BLANKETS, and we could ORDER DINNER AND BE SERVED IN THE THEATER. And our drinks were in GLASSES. NOT FREAKIN' PLASTIC CUPS. And everyone got their own bag of popcorn. FREE OF CHARGE.
image
excuse me while I find my fancy pants
And the waiters were super friendly. A major plus.

So the movie we saw was Monsters University. It was really good. I really liked the message and the plot line was better than The Hunger Games.

image
Look I can explain
So in Japan there is a book and a manga and a movie titled Battle Royale. It's almost the same situation as the Hunger Games but a classroom full of people who know each other. In the manga (less so in the movie) they go through the back-story of EVERY CHARACTER IN THAT CLASSROOM. From the protagonist's best friend who gets killed after being told BY THE PROCTOR that they had to rape the mother figure to him in the orphanage to get her to sign the permission slip... To the sociopath killer who lost all his emotion in his childhood after witnessing his mother's bloody death in a car accident. The Hunger Games (well the movie) Didn't give any depth to anyone but Katnip and the Lover-boys. Rue showed up for what, 3 seconds? Then dies. Then when KittyKatniss made the shrine everyone spazzed. Ok, In get the whole "new hope" thing but I would have been more compelled if I understood Rue's situation as well. The movie was also too cliche.


Thanks Batman

Monsters University had MORE THAN ONE PLOT TWIST and some of the most compelling moments in Pixar history.

WOAH. THAT'S AN EXAGGERATION!
Yeah sorry, I don't want to start THAT debate. I don't have sufficient ice for all of the eventual burns.

But yeah, go see the movie. I'm not telling you anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment