Saturday, June 15, 2013

It's time for your friendly neighborhood late night blog post!


"The Beat" by Sparky

I know what your thinking... WHY THIS SONG? And also HOW IS THIS GUY AWAKE AT 12:55 AM?!?

Well. The topic of my post is rhythm games.

Why are they so awesome?! No really! Tell me!

You see the reason why I am able to post this right now because I was just playing a demo of a rhythm game titled Project Diva. That is perhaps the best title for a rhythm game I have ever heard. Anyways, this rhythm game is CRAZZZZYYYYYYY. Where to start? Well all the singing is Japanese pop music. You know what that means... unpredictable rhythm changes. Japanese words tend to have more syllables. Also, every song has an EPIC music video to distract you while keeping the rhythm. Also, the notes just show up on the screen in random spots. It is very possible to miss a ton of notes if you haven't learned the rhythm of the song.

No really, the music videos are so awesome you are given the option to just watch them. For example. One of the songs has two Animeted girls in ninja masks have a dance off in the street. The then go on a wild car chase. And somehow end up in huge party room full of people. If you play well enough, the confetti balls open and terrorize your vision of the notes, and then two DRAGONS come out of the confetti balls and the Animeted girls ride them into the sunset.

While most music videos are like "lets have a house party and call it yolo", these are like "Let's do YOLO stuff. Like riding dragons."

You know I hated the game at first. I epic failed on the easiest level... On easy. Then I tried again and got better and better and better to the point where I could get a "great!" on the hardest level given: on normal!

Maybe that's why I like rhythm games. You can always improve with them. Also the music is pure fun to listen to and play along to. And when you get it, YOU GET IT. and it is the most beautiful thing in the world when you master a song.
beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment