Sunday, August 18, 2013

OK. So I did a lot today.


"Transformer" by Gnarls Barkley

So my family DID end up spending the night yesterday.

So I had to sleep in the basement.

The dark, buggy basement.
image
I'm constantly on edge at night.
I ended up sleeping pretty well though.

That might have been because I was too tired to be fearful.

So I woke up and immediately began playing video games with Whiney and Z-MAN! (my cousin)

He finally passed the sore loser phase.

There are lots of adult gamers who still haven't passed that phase.

Like seriously.

Chill.

It's just a game, God.

After the fam departed I had to attend a social interrogation party.

Everybody there was either a child or had AT LEAST a 7 year gap in age with me.

I'm 18. So it's EXTREMELY wide for me.

You know I wouldn't even call it a party. Nobody DID anything (excluding the kiddies. because, well, they're kiddies.)

When I think party I think

LASER TAG. THAT'S A PARTY.
I don't think about
How is this a party? Please. Explain.
Everybody was just standing around talking and sipping on margaritas.

How can you adult people talk for so long?
image
When are the activities?
And again I couldn't talk about topics like "my kids" or "my taxes" or "my wife" because I have none of those things.

EVERY CONVERSATION WAS ABOUT COLLEGE.

EVERY. SINGLE ONE.

AND EVERY PERSON AT THE PARTY APPROACHED ME INDIVIDUALLY TO ASK ABOUT COLLEGE.
image
Socializing is sooooo tedious.
But hey. 

Everyone there was incredibly nice and friendly.

I felt somewhat comfortable.

Somewhat.

Bean was totally in her element. 

Trying to run into the street.
Trying to run into the woods.
Stealing the bowl of chips.
DIGGING IN THE TRASH for popcorn.

image
I'm so used to this crap.
So I guess she kept me busy...


No comments:

Post a Comment